From:
Marv Trott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:38:56 -0400
Andy,

I assume that your brother used a standard computer case that has a three
wire connector for AC power.

If the computer is not connected to a grounded three prong outlet but to a
two prong outlet using a cheater adapter then the case is not grounded.

If this is true then the computer must be grounded immediately. If the case
is not properly grounded and by some internal accident the hot side of the
AC line became connected to the case then instead of a tingle you might get
electrocuted when you touch the case.

If you are wearing dry sneakers and do not touch anything else at the same
time you should not feel anything even if the case is not grounded. If you
have leather shoes, sandals, or bare feet when you are standing on a
concrete basement floor then your body is in the electrical path through
the conductive concrete to ground.

Marv Trott

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com