Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:48:12 -0500
Hi,

I bought the Linksys Network Starter Kit  Model # EW5PCISK.    After all my
efforts, I can only see myself through the Network Neighborhood icon on
each computer.

Specs:
#1 Computer
Dell
Intel 800
256 Ram
Win98SE

#2 Computer
American Micro
AMD 166
96 Ram
Win98
*****************
Tech Support tells me:
The LNEPCI2 will not share an irq; you need to have a free irq to start with
if not you need to free one up. In device manager/ computer properties is
where you'll see your irq's, this card can be on the same irq as irq holder
for pci steering.  Check both PC's.
*****************

The card installed fine on computer #2 on irq 10.  On computer #1 it
installs on irq 3.  Listed below are the current settings for computer #1.

DEVICE MANAGER/COMPUTER PROPERTIES/VIEW RESOURCES

IRQ
00      System timer
01      Standard 101/102 Key or MIcrosoft Natural Keyboard
02      Programmable interrupt controller
03      Linksys LNEPCI II PCI Ethernet Adapter
03      Promise Technology Inc. Ultra66 IDE Controller
03      IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
04      Communications Port (Com 1)
06      Standard Floppy Disk Controller
07      ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
08      System CMOS/real time clock
09      US Robotics 56K Voice PCI
09      Intell82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
09      IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
10      Creative SB Live! Value
10      IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
11      NVIDIA GeForce 256 AGP (Dell)
11      IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
12      PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port
13      Numeric data processor
15      Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
15      Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)

I need to get this card on irq 10 or irq 11 according to the info I read in
the networking area of no-spin.   But, since I already have 2 things on 10
and 11, I need to free one up.          Putting the network card with the
IRQ holder of pci steering is possible.  But, I have no idea how to change
this.  I am reluctant to work with irq 11 because that's my video
card.  I'm looking to changing to irq 10.  However, there is no info in the
networking area of no-spin as to how I do this.

Any help is appreciated with this procedure.    Also, any other ideas as to
what I can do are welcome.

Sue Na

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html