From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:52:09 -0500
I doubt if AT cases have changed that much since 286s.  I bought a
complete 286 in 1990 and used the original case through several upgrades
including to a high-end 486.  I do not remember there being any such
drastic differences between that case and newer ones.  Of course, it was
a standard size desktop case, not one of those shorter, pizza-box cases
or something similar.  It also had a 230 watt power supply same as what
you get in many new cases.  However, with that old of a case, I would be
concerned about the age and future reliability of the power supply.  New
AT cases can be bought for $30 - 80 and one at the lower end would seem
to be a reasonable guarantee against future problems.  I just got an
InWin AT mid-tower for $40 at a local store.