Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 09:02:08 -0700

Hello,

My DVD player, a Samsung SD-616T, plays through until the last 2 to 4 minutes
and then the picture freezes while the player continues to turn and the green
seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows Media Player 9, Windows XP,
2.8 GHz CPU and 1 GB RAM. The disk is clean and this behavior doesn't happen
with all movies. Other than this the player has no problem reading CD's or
DVD's, just the playing of the last few minutes of some DVD's is a problem.

Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_Height/CDDVD_Rom_DVD_ROM
Half_Height_SD_616T.htm

The firmware is the latest offered by Samsung, version F311

Thanks for the help, Steve.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com