From:
Glen Sagers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 09:28:39 -0600
fdisk /cmbr will let you fix the master boot record on a drive other than the primary drive.
However, you didn't say whether C: & D: are 2 drives or 2 partitions on one drive.  If they are 2 separate drives, and one is a UDMA 66 drive, DOS & the GUI may give different drive letter assignments, or else they don't show up at all in DOS mode.  If they are 2 partitions, you might be best off to simply start from scratch and clear the disk with fdisk and start over.  Since your data is backed up, you don't have anything to worry about.

Glen Sagers