Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:57:32 -0800
I am trying to reformat a hard-drive for use in a CPU. Being that I could not get the hard-drive to boot, I put it in another machine with a newly reformatted HD, copied the files and tried to boot in the original CPU. When I first turn on the PC, the LED lights are on, but I get no signal to the monitor and keyboard. I perform a hard shutdown. When I restart the machine again, I am getting a long beep noise. The only way I have been able to get rid of this noise and try again is to unplug  the wall plug, the HD and the monitor/keyboard/mouse then let it sit in the state of being "left alone" for 24 to 48 hrs! This is hilarious.
Please help.
This machine was built by someone I do not know and I cannot determine the motherboard type. The HD originally came with Windows ME...but apparently it stopped working. I am trying to install WindowsXP on this HD.

Ivanette Richardson
Do you Yahoo!?