From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:39:16 -0400
Susan,
        I've done this a couple of times now, and I still haven't figured
out how to disable the modem on the modem/sound card. I know it's
possible, I just don't have much success with it. I just advise
the customer that it is best to replace the sound card as well as
the modem, and that a new ($25) sound card is less expensive than
the time it would take me to get the computer to see the new modem
and ignore the old one.

     Elizabeth Boston

                                  -----