From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:07:27 -0500
Look (search) for Super7 socket boards that are AT/ATX compatible.
You will more than likely be limited to 550M AMD CPUs.
I would ask about anything you find since some of the left-overs "might"
be things you would want to avoid. (frown.)
Tyan has one I am using. I think it is a Trinity-AT-100-1590s (or similar).
Be sure to check the revision numbers of boards since only the latest
revisions will go all the way to the "top" speeds for this form factor...
I am using mine in an ATX case.  Note it is getting really hard to find an
inexpensive AT case these days. (The handwriting is on the wall...)
              Rick Glazier
PS: I would respectfully suggest (having been, and currently there...)
that you re-evaluate your needs and perhaps "jump" up to a
better case and "family type" of CPU socket, keeping a little less
behind the curve.  A 550M board will only meet new program specs
for about a year, depending if you use the type of programs I tend to
use. (No Games!) (This is a personal preference and use sort of thing...)

From: "George Schubert" <[log in to unmask]>
> I have an old Midwest Micro Pentium 120 with AT form factor in a
mini-tower case.  It currently crawls along with 32MB of SIMM memory running
on WIN98.  It's not my main computer, and I know many of you will just say
scrap it and start over, but I'm thinking of upgrading just the MB, CPU and
memory to get hopefully a more robust system for a special non-crunching
project.  Memory is probably my biggest constraint.  I don't seem to have
much luck finding anybody making an AT board anymore.  Any ideas?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml