From:
David Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:16:57 -0400
Item #1
I would download the ISO from this site: http://www.ubcd4win.com/
Create the ISO. It may take a while to run setup and create the ISO
Burn it to cd.
If you external hard drive or thumb drive and plug them in
Put into the cd and boot to it.
Open the program and go to the explorer section. It may take a while. Copy
the files to either usb device.

Or item #2.
Go to computer store
Purchase a "sata / ide to usb 2 adaptor
Take the hard drive out of desktop
Attach the desktop hard drive to the adaptor and then plug the usb connector
to the laptop.
Take the files of the hard drive.