From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 02:03:05 +0100
You probably do need the drivers for at least the onboard sound, but before
you go hunting, you didn't mention whether you have enabled either of them
in the bios.
(I forgot to enable the usb within the bios once, and that was a headache in
itself, especially considering I was connecting to the internet via a usb
modem at the time.)
Once you've double checked that they're both enabled, if you still need the
drivers, find the name and exact model of the motherboard and try going to
the manufacturers website. Hopefully, all the drivers for that particular
board should be on the site.
If you're still having problems, someone here is sure to be able to help
out.
(just did a quick google search, and from what I can make out, sis530 points
towards graphics rather than sound.)
(hope I'm right)
Good luck
Michele Sayer