From:
Brad Feuerhelm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:57:57 -0500
Hi All,

Hope all is well!

Not sure this should be here or PCSoft. As this could pertain to OS.

Here's my problem.

I just did a reformat and reinstall of my machine.

Machine = 2.4ghz Intel CPU, Asus p4sdx motherboard, 1-gig crucial
ballistix memory, Asus Geforce 7600GT video card, 2- WD 80 gig HD's, and
1-60gig Hitachi HD. XP Svc. pk 2 updated to this last Tuesday updates.
All Drivers and the bios updated. Running standard Windows Media Player
9 (WMP) and updates.

The problem is that any video I play whether wmv, mpeg or others won't
play. Says loading media but that's as far as I get. WMP goes into 100%
CPU usage. I have to go into task manager and end process to clear
problem. Also my games i.e. Tiger woods 2005 and 2007 won't play opening
sequences. I have to ctrl-alt-del then cancel to get into games. After
that games run just fine. This problem only seems to rear it's ugly head
when I try to run videos.

Things I've tried:

reinstall of WMP 9 & 11.
Ran DirectX Diagnostic (no problems reported)
Re-install DirectX (9.0c)
Updated Video drivers to latest
Tried Winamp (no help there)

This happened before but not as bad, before games opening sequences ran,
just couldn't run anything out of WMP or any other player for that
matter. I also dual boot, on the other install is also XP all the same
except no games, I just use it for internet and office stuff. No
problems with video there WMP works just fine, can play mpegs and wmvs
with no problem.

I'm hoping someone has run across this before, I did check archive and
found nothing pertaining to this problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Brad Feuerhelm

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: