From:
Phil Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:50:47 -0500
Ian,

Try the data lifeguard tools at the link below and it will format your 98 or
ME drive much faster.  Use the instructions below to make your boot disk.

Instruction:
Please download the file to a directory and execute it. You will be prompted
to insert a blank floppy diskette, and the file will create a bootable
EZ-Install diskette.
New features:
* Certified to work on all current WD drives (model numbers starting with
"WD")
* Friendly user interface and easy to use
* GUI Interface Drive Installation Software
* Compatible with Promise card and driver solution for 137 GB barrier
* Drive to Drive copy capability with new NTFS support
* Fast Format Installation for 98 and ME
http://support.wdc.com/download/dlg/dlginstall_10_0.exe

Phil Benson
Embroidery Nation
http://www.embroiderynation.com/