From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 09:14:26 -0400
This should not work.  The chipset may not support two IDE channels.
For example, a Promise controller with the chip 20230 looks almost
exactly like the Promise controller with the chip 20630 but has the
silvery points for the secondary IDE channel, because the 20230 chip
does not support two IDE channels.

What model Soundblaster do you have?  Is it a newer model
that has an IDE connector on it?  Don't assume a 40 pin connector
is IDE without checking the manual.  Has your sound card worked
with any IDE CDROM at any time?  Who made the CDROM should
not matter if the CDROM is IDE and the soundblaster is IDE.  If the
Sony CDROM works as a slave to one of your hard disks then it
will work on the Soundblaster if you set the soundblaster correctly.
tom turak