From:
Shelley Sterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 21:53:27 -0500
Check the system tray and taskbar to be sure you don't have some
software package running that could answer the phone with the modem (eg:
pcAnywhere, Reachout, faxing software.) Something has to be telling your
modem to pick up.

You can also ctrl-alt-del and see what's running, on the off chance that
whatever-it-is doesn't give you a tray icon or window.

Larry Fisk wrote:

> All;
>
> I have a Boca v.34 modem that also "answers"
> phone calls, tried adding S0=0, that didn't help.
> any other ideas? Tried it on 2 different computers
> same thing.
>

> > rAt 01:30 PM 9/27/98 , you wrote:
> > >Hello, I have a Cardinal 28.8 v.34-vfc data fax modem. The problem is
> > that
> > >every time that I am on the computer an someone calls it picks it up
> > with
> > >a fax tone. I tried to disable the modem from device manger but it
> > stills

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**