From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:29:25 -0400
Before XP, Gateway installed Goback on their Win 98 computers to cut down on service calls.  From what I read, it saved them a lot of money if the customers used it.  It might take a service call or two to walk the customer through using it, but after that they will be motivated to get fixed in a minute or two without having to wait to talk to someone.  Goback is one of the greatest applications ever produced.  Obviously Bill Gates and company thought so because they installed their own version on Win Me and XP.

>My 2c - I find the best solution in these cases is wipe the whole thing and
>start again.  I've spent days trying to find the answer to a niggling hard
>or software problem, when I could have set up a new system 3 times over.  So
>now I don't bother - it's a reinstall or nothing.
>However, what I am doing now is recommending my customers allow me to
>install GoBack when I redo their machines.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com