From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:33:23 -0800
I would go with that Dual Format Sony. It is highly regarded, and dual
format, which will allow you to use all types of media. That means, if your
standalone DVD player won't accept +R then use -R. But if your burner will
only burn +R, then you've a problem.

Most to least compatible:
-R
+RW
+R
-RW

Check out this review of DVD burners in PCMAG

The reason you are seeing so many good deals right now on DVD burners is
that they are getting rid of old inventory in favor of the soon to be
widely available, latest and greatest, 8 speeds, and multi format drives
which will soon dominate the market.

I happen to have discount coupon from Staples that I have to use soon, so I
think I will pick up that Sony as well!

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 11:04 AM 11/27/2003, you wrote:
>I am planning to get a DVD burner. The burner will handle either +R or -R
>formats. My question to the list is which is better? This pertains primarily
>to the media, since the burner will handle either. Any experiences to share?
>
>Also, anyone have experience with Pacific Digital DVD Burner? Staples has it
>now for $90!A Sony unit is $150.
>
>Peter

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml