Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:44:18 -0700
I want to let you all know that I have resolved this issue.  A company
called DigiDNA makes FileApp (runs on the device to provide
Finder-/Explorer-like browsing of the filesystem, and DiskAid which runs
on the desktop to transfer files to/from the device via its USB cable.
  I was able to achieve what I wanted with the free trial versions, and
have ordered the full paid versions.

  This does still leave the question of why I got nothing using either
of the Camera Kit connectors, so I will call Apple's support about that.
 But my immediate need has been met, and thank you everyone who made
suggestions.

David Gillett

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com