From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:43:09 -0600
I suspect that you could not format because the version of dos on your
floppy was older than the version current at the time 2000 was loaded.  You
probably need a newer boot disk.

You might try doing an FDISK and deleting the partitions then putting them
back and then format.

The symptoms you observe are consistent with a hard drive problem, in my
experience, but you never know.

Dean Kukral