From:
Paul Duthie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:04:25 +1100
I would say that all you need is to be able to convert US plug to
Aus/UK/etc plug. We have several Acer notebooks here (Victoria, Australia)
and they all have dual voltage. Does yours have a figure 8 shape plug into
the transformer ? It may be simpler to get another cord when you get to
your destination.

At 03:23 PM 31/08/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello, I posted this a week ago and did not get any responses. I am
>trying again.
>

>I have an Acer Extensa 390 (P133) notebook that uses a power transformer
>
>to convert AC power. This transformer displays:
>Input 110-240v    81-140A
>Output: 19v  2.4A
>
>What do I need to use this laptop overseas, where the voltage is 240?
>Simply a socket adapter?
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html

Paul Duthie                                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                         [log in to unmask]
Ballarat High School                            [log in to unmask]