From:
"Shawn M. Shea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:54:59 -0800
I have Exchange 5.0 and someone is using my exchange server as
a relay.  Is
there anything I can do to stop them from using my server?

Hi Tim. One of my clients had this happen the other day. When
I checked the outbound message queue (the server seemed very
slow delivering mail) there were close to 5000 messages. Read
the following from Microsoft and make the required routing changes.
You should also delete the spam mail in the queue. Run a port
sniffer to check for open ports, sometimes its a big surprise.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q199/6/56.ASP?LN=EN-CA&SD=gn&FR=0

Shawn M. Shea MCP
IT Account Manager
Cistel Technology Inc.