From:
Rosie Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:22:47 -0800
I'm not an expert but I have had similar problems with my CD burner.  I found that totally removing the software and reinstalling it solved the problem.
Hope that helps,
Rosie Richter
 Doyle Hirsch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:My CD-RW has stopped burning CD's. Whenever I insert a CD and try to burn either a data or an audio CD it returns the message: Software(Windows Media,Nero, EasyCD Creator) has encountered an " unknown error". The disk then ejects.This happens regardless of the type of CD(I've tried 4 different ones)or the software I use. It can play music or games or install software just fine.

I'm running a Dell 8100 with Windows2K SP3 and the CD-RW is a NEC NR-7800A. Oddly enuff, Dell posted a firm-ware upgrade on it's website for this burner, dated 11/20/02, but the link just gives a "file not found" error.Device manager says that it is working properly. I would appreciate any suggestions before I try to replace the unit. Dell support has been useless.

Doyle Hirsch

Digest mode - visit our web site:
http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml