From:
"Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 18:39:51 EST
I went from Windows98 to WindowsME but not by choice.  WindowsME was already
loaded on my new machine.  I have never had nor do I have any experience with
Window98SE.  But the main problem I had with WindowsME was that it has yet to
accept my HP Scanner.  It was working fine with Windows98, but has not worked
with WindowsME.  I had to turn off a bunch of programs running the the
background with WindowsME.  If you don't, it will sure slow your system down.
 I have also recently bought a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse.  I have yet to
get it to work with WindowsME either.  I have had fewer crashes with
WindowsME, but it may be because my new computer is much more powerful than
my older one.  If I had had my wishes, I would have stayed with Windows98,
but just a personal opinion.

Susan Hays
I have a choice between reloading a PC with WIN98SE or WinME. This note is to
solicit considered opinions as to whether I will realize significant benefits
between the two. Emotionally I am inclined towards a "newer is better"
mindset but some folks Ive asked that know more than I seem to feel the
benefits ME offeres over 98SE are minimal. Is one more stable than the other?
Your Thoughts?