From:
Patrick C Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 01:13:40 -0400
I see where you went wrong.  Do Not set Internet Explorer to use proxy
server. Sygate acts as a gateway and when requests for stuff outside of the
network are needed it forwards the request to the internet or another
gateway if your ISP has you go through they're gateway. Also the Sygate
doc's should have mentioned this fact.

I get this from the Help:FAQ in Sygate help.

b) If everything pings fine, but you're still unable to browse the Internet
with Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, or America Online, check the
following:

* Check the preferences for your browser application to see if a "proxy" is
specified. If so, disable or remove this setting.

Sygate's software doesn't do a good job of pointing this out explictly.

--Patrick Black