From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 10:47:26 -0700
I had this exact problem once. I suspect your problem has to do with how
your drives are jumpered.

After going through a similar situation I contacted the motherboard
manufacturer....... after a period of diagnostics  tech support decided the
controller was bad and authorized a return. When I hung up the phone I
decided to try swapping out the CD ROM with one in another PC... only
because it was the only thing I had not swapped out. It worked......but
only because this particular CD ROM was jumpered as a slave and I had
forgotten to change it to a master....... if I correctly jumpered it as a
master 95 would not install.

The solution was putting the CD on the secondary channel as a slave. After
Win 95 successfully installed I was able to change it back as a master. I
have no explantation as to why this occurred.

Mark

As a slave on the secondary channel everything worked fine but if