From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:48:33 -0400
Unless the mobo is DOA or your powersupply is toast, I'd first check the connection of all those little wires from the on/off and reset switches. If you are getting power to the mobo (i.e. it is lighting up) when you hit the on/off switch, you should still double check those little connections. If it isn't lighting up after that, make sure the power lead for the mobo from your PS is fully seated, then check the other power lead plugins. If it is getting power and still isn't POSTing, you should be seriously checking every other connection (seating video, memory, CPU, data cables). After that if you are sure your PS is working I'd want to send the mobo back for replacement under warranty.

>I purchased the Asus P4G8X motherboard, after assembly, I am not able to get the PC to POST. Thinking I may have a bad video card, I changed it out with a known good one with negative results. The board comes pre-configured with sound enabled so instead of listening for beeps, you would hear a message instead, such as "Boot successful, loading Operating System" if the POST was successful, if not then you would hear a error message. In my case I hear nothing at all. I have disconnected the HDD, CD-ROM, then tried booting with negative results. I tried resetting the RTC (real time clock) jumper and still negative resuts. R&R the RAM as well . . .

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>