Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:04:23 -0700
Last week I decided to take mercy on my sister and give her a better
computer (she is running a 486). I had a spare, 1.4ghz Intel processor,
with a D850GB mother board, 256mb of RAM Bus memory, AGP Voodoo4 video
card and a 300 W power supply. This machine was previously running very
well. I replaced the hard drive with 16gb Maxtor and loaded Win XP Pro.
It all loaded OK except it will not shut down. It goes through the shut
down process, logs off, saves settings and stalls at the shut down which
requires holding in the power button. I have read all the Intel
technical bulletins, and searched the MS Knowledge base, nothing fits
this problem.
I have taken all hardware out except the AGP video card, swapped it out for
a PCI card, took everything out of the start up file and it still won't
shut down. There is no other s/w on the hard drive except Win XP
My sister is quite old and I am afraid she will not live long enough to
get this machine at the rate I am going. Can any one help?

Thank You

Russ Hatfield

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml