Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 02:11:48 -0700
Check out 'testdisk', Al:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/

testdisk partition table recovery

TestDisk checks the partition and boot sectors of your
disks. It is very useful in recovering lost partitions.

It works with :
- FAT12
- FAT16
- FAT32
- NTFS (Windows NT/W2K/XP)
- EXT2FS/EXT3FS (Linux)
- Linux Swap (1 & 2)
- IBM Multiboot
- BeFS (BeOS)
- UFS (BSD)
- ReiserFS (1 & 2)
- JFS

TestDisk runs under:
- Dos, Win9x
- Windows (NT 4/2000/XP/2003)
- Linux
- FreeBSD

TestDisk is under GNU General Public License.

HTH,
Tomas Santos
-----------------------

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:25:15 -0500,
Richard Glazier wrote:
> Subject: Re: Lost Partitions on Two HDD's
>
> Sorry for the delay in answering...
>
> Acronis has a program called RecoveryExpert.
> Since you seem to have only UN-allocated space now(?),
> it "should" go in and re-construct what you "got rid
> of"...
>
> You might need to know the (approx.) sizes and
> locations of
> the valid partitions that you want to recover - since
> it sometimes
> gives "multiple choices" of former partitions and
these
> (by
> definition) will almost always overlap, which is NOT
> allowed
> (of course...)
>
> The bad news is, I do not believe the program is
> available
> separately anymore. It was so small, they used to give
> it away
> free as a perk to buy other programs, but eventually
> rolled it
> into a suite...
>
> I have used Norton Utilities to recover partitions
too,
> (a VERY
> long time ago).  Not sure they still support that part
> of their
> suite...
>
> Rick Glazier
>
> From: "Al Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
> > I've lost all 11 partitions on two hard drives at
the