From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:24:24 -0700
Not exactly correct. You can spin the fan blades fast enough with the
can-o-air to have them disengage. I know, done it. They aren't designed to
turn at the kind of rpm one can subject them to with a stream of air. Flying
shards of plastic and hurt and of course poke you in the eye. Sure it sounds
neat and looks cool to see that thing spin like that, but why ruin it?
Compressed gasses can be really harmful. I've also blown apart a wheel
bearing from a truck doing the same thing drying solvent. Scary to have all
those steel rollers ripping by. Yikes!

Be careful, but DO clean your fans, Q-tips are a great suggestion then a
quick blast to move the dirt out.

Brad Loomis
San Miguel, CA