From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 22:08:16 -0700
At this point, I would try booting the system with just the hard disk OR
the DVD drive in place, not both, and see if one of them is the culprit.
If both give the same issue when used solo, switch IDE or SATA cables to
rule them out. If things still go sour after that, chock this one up to
a failed IDE or SATA controller and get the mainboard replaced. Best
wishes. :)