From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:30:44 -0400
>Kevin:
>
>I haven't used DOS for some time but, as best as I can
remember, DOS 6.2
>doesn't support hard drive partitions over 504 megs.  If you
had your 2.1
>gig drive formatted as a single partition, perhaps it was under
Windows 95?
>If so, then use the fdisk program that comes with Windows 95
(aka DOS 7.0)

   Dos 6.2 will see up to 2.1 gigs per partion.  It uses Fat16
just like Win95.

>>By choosing LBA or Large  in the CMOS setup, would I then have
to delete
>the
>>existing partition and reformat?
>>
>>Kevin Nowicki

Hi,
 Yes, check in your motherboard manual if you still have it, but
usually you should choose LBA (large is for non-microsoft OS's
(Linux I think).  Then you MUST repartion it (delete the old and
recreate it) or it will never see the new partition (took me an
hour once to relise I had forgotten this step).  After that, you
should be fine.

HTH,

Donald Gaither

                                  -----