From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:30:18 -0800
On 14 Aug 00, at 0:55, geoff wrote:

> Does anybody know how you can you start a program running on another
> networked machine.
>
> I can invoke prog.exe to run locally by
> xxx=Shell("\\remotemachine\c\progs\prog.exe",1) - but I want the remote
> machine to run it !

  Essentially, there are three possibilities:

1.  Arrange for the remote machine to offer a remote shell, such as a
telnet server.

2.  Arrange for the remote machine to be running some kind of remote
administration or trojan program:  PCAnywhere, NetBus, Back Orifice,
etc.

3.  Arrange for your chosen program to be installed on the remote
machine as a "service", so that it can be stopped/started by remote
calls to the Service Manager.

  The good side is that it can be done.  The bad side is that you
need to be able to run a program on the remote machine in order to
give yourself the ability to run a program on the remote machine.

David G

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html