Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:26:09 +1000
From: "Bill Nussbaumer" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 1:27 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Abit BE6-2 / Keyboard Lights Glow & Shutdown issues.

> I have a couple of questions that I believe relate to the power management
> features of my motherboard.  I recently replaced my Abit BH6 with an Abit
> BE6-2.  Prior to the switch I had no trouble shutting down.   However, now
> I occasionally get a shut down problem.  Once the computer seemed to try
> and reboot when it should have shut down, another time the monitor didn't
> go into low power mode, instead it remained on while the computer shut off
> and then gave me a message that it no longer had signal.  Other times it
> shuts down just fine.
>
> I also notice that my keyboard lights glow now when the computer is
> off.  Strange ... a feature, a bug, or an error in connecting (setting) up
> my motherboard?
Seems like you have a feature called "keyboard/mouse wake up" enabled, what
this feature does is that you can set a "password" (or double click mouse)
to switch on your computer by type in the "password" when the computer is
off. This is either a stupid or smart idea, push a button is much easier and
faster than type a number of keys (unless the power button is located at a
hard to reach place?????) as I can understand.
To disable Keyboard/mouse wake up, look for the JP1 on the mobo (near PS2
keyboard and mouse connector), put the jumper short pin 1-2. Also in BIOS,
change "Video off method" (under Power management) to DPMS.

Jun Qian

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions