From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:39:35 -0500
Can you tell us a bit about the case and power supply that you are using?
My first suspect would be heat build up.  Does your system offer any sort of
temperature monitoring?  Usually, you can at least check the CPU and system
temperatures from within the BIOS.  The motherboard may have come with some
software that lets you monitor things like temperatures and fan speeds from
within Windows, as well.

I was thinking that since your video card is probably passively cooled, it
might be sensitive to heat build up witin the case.  A quick and dirty test
would be to take the side off your case and use a house fan to blow some air
in there, in order to see if this makes any difference.

With 256mb of RAM and WinXP, I guessing you are needing to make a fair
amount of use of your swap file to play games, but I'm not sure that's
relevant to the problem you've described.

John Sproule