From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 23:38:11 -0400
Gary,

It's been a long time since I worked with a 386 so I'm not sure about
the BIOS, but I don't believe it checks for anything in the high memory
area.

DOS will never see or use anything above 1Meg of RAM.  If you have
applications that need the upper memory, then you must use the EMM386
driver in the config.sys file to gain access to that 4Meg

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**