From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:56:40 -0400
This has "nothing" to do with the question, but there WAS some old
(and new) stuff that some users may still be using, or have seen...
MS used to have a sound driver that reduced sounds to one bit audio
and then put it through the internal PC speaker.
There were also some old EXE files around, (I have one written by IBM),
that played music through the PC speaker in what was sort of like MIDI,
(a very early attempt at Multimedia?)...
I also believe there are (motherboards and) BIOSs that play music under
rare and unusual circumstances...
Like most things, there are always these "odd" exceptions...
I'm just mentioning it from a historical perspective.
                     Rick Glazier

> External speakers are connected to and
> driven by the sound card.  The internal speaker connects directly to
> the motherboard.  Also, only "dings", "clunks", and "clanks" can be
> heard from the internal speaker --- no music or voice.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html