Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:11:11 -0700
Hi Jack,

I appreciate your "no smoke" knowledge and "esteemed" or not, I would like
to have half of your experience. My experience goes back to the late '40's &
early 50's of radio and TV when a computer was a room room size box filled
with diode tubes.

I presently have working three 486's--- All of which were throwed away.
When my grandkids/adults visit, we intall, uninstall software, hardware,
memory and anything that has to do with learning. Old equipment is great for
this.

For example: you can create a problem and let others find and repair it.
They are great for keyboard and spread sheet practice and older games.

Bottom line: If one wants to give the time there are plenty of needy kids
who want to learn how computers work. Happiness is not measured in dollars
although the majority of people don't know this.

mike michel