From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:09:51 -0400
At 10/13/99 04:45 PM , Jim Meagher wrote:
====
 >Doug,
 >
 >You have the correct overall procedure for _most_ mouse changes, but you do
 >not have to boot into SAFE MODE.  You should be able to start with your step
 >3 and just remove/delete the mouse driver from a normal Windows system.
 >Remember though, the mouse will immediately stop working so you need to know
 >the keyboard method of shutting down windows.  (Windows-key,   U,     S,
 >ENTER).
 >
 >Just one more thing.... you stated that you have explicit instructions from
 >the new mouse vendor.  Why haven't you just followed those directions?  Is
 >there some other problem?

What I meant was that the instructions, while vague, stated explicitly "you
must remove other mouse drivers before installing the scroll mouse."  Their
vague installation "instructions" were:  - Remove mouse drivers, - shutdown
the computer, - install the mouse, -reboot and run the setup.exe on disk
provided.

I will make sure I can shutdown "mouse-less" before starting the change out.

Thanks for your advice.

Doug Simmons