From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:32:31 -0500
Two observations.
1).You did not say WHERE you would have been running
the "xcopy" (not xcopy32) command from.  The list has
pointed out that you need to run it from a
DOS PROMPT in a DOS window, from INSIDE WIN95-GUI.
DO NOT BOOT to a command prompt.
DO NOT "Restart in DOS mode."

2). What were the drive letters when you re-booted after
partitioning them?  If They stayed the same, I am "surprised".
I would have expected them to go

    from:
    First drive: C + D  and Second drive: E + F
    First drive: C + E  and Second drive: D + F

Is there NO primary partition on the second drive?
Are the drives on the same hard drive "port" (cable)?
I was under the impression that you needed a primary
partition on the _new_ "boot" drive.

Also, you might have to set the second drive Primary
partition "active" after putting it back as the single
"only" drive, and, depending if they are FAT16,
transfer the system files from a bootable "device"
containing the exact operating system version you are
using.
Note that NOT all drive manufacturers call a SINGLE DRIVE
a Master.
As for the last question, for a number of reasons, it
is better NOT to erase the "old" drive right away.
Also, unless your BIOS Auto detects hard drives on its own,
you might have to set the drive settings in the BIOS or
at least "launch" Auto Detection in the BIOS.
        Rick Glazier

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 22:53:22 -0800 "Stephen SL. Lo" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>In my PC PII running in Win95B with a HDD partitioned to 2 volumes
>c and d. Now I installed a new HDD as slave and partioned as e and
>f. If I use xcopy32 c:\*.* e: /r/i/c/h/k/e/y and xcopy32 d:\*.* f:
>/r/i/c/h/k/e/y copy all content to the new HDD then I remove the old
>HDD and reselect the new one as master, will my PC works in the same
>manner (perfectly) as before (as with the old HDD)?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]