From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:29:56 -0600
val w jones wrote:

> your right there on that one , I had to set mine to none .
>
> now I have a problem if I use another HD as D drive and I had to
> partition it for D and E do I need some other controller card to settup
> my CDROM and if so how do I jumper the cdrom? for slave or cable select?
> or do I set jumpers on the extra card itself, I hate haveing to change
> the cable and setting every time I need to load something from cdrom or

I'm not sure if I quite understand what you are trying to do here!
But.... What you would need to do, is set up 2 drives on each
controller. One as Master, and one as Slave. You do this for both the
Primary, and secondary controller, that is if you have this number of
drives. If there is a conflict in Windows with the drive letter
assignment, you can adjust them VIA the Device Manager. Right click my
computer, select properties, next select Device Manager. Look for Each
Hard Disk, and CDROM, and Right click on each, Select properties, next
select setting tab, and change the drive letter assignments. I would not
change the Hard Disk Letter assignment though, but change the CDROMS to
a Drive letter that is free.
]
Hopefully this is what you are looking to do...

Good Luck,  Steve Wolfe...............

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html