From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:00:48 -0500
Yes, but.......

For Office printing in B+W, a Laser is a lot cheaper.
They are really fast and look great too...

For photos, we send them out. Generally, since they are digital,
we upload them, and pick them up or get them mailed to us.

We did not want to maintain a high quality COLOR printer
just for photos. The photo paper costs a lot too.
My wife never used her old inkjet enough to keep the nozzles from
getting blocked. That made expensive ink even more expensive.
Either forcing the jets clear, or replacing "pretty full" cartridges...

Your various specific needs and volume will determine what you do.
This is not a "one size fits all" type of question.

Rick Glazier