From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2012 06:59:54 -0400
Start with the Win7 upgrade adviser to be sure you're not going to run
into hardware/software problems.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor
You can't upgrade XP to Win7, so you'll need to do a full format.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7
See this guide to use upgrade media for a clean install.
http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/clean-install-windows-7-with-upgrade-media.aspx
See here for installing on a netbook without a CD/DVD.
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1023/1/
My Dell Mini came with Linux installed and a 3 GB drive, and I've
never needed more space because I used the cloud or my home network
for file storage.

--
Got Backup?