From:
"C.M.Hutton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:27:44 GMT+1
On  6 Dec 98, Mike Buraczewski wrote:

>   There are no error messages.  The system works exactly
>   like any print job should except there is no ink on the
>   paper.

I have seen these symptoms several times on several
different models of canon printers.

The solution has always been, (for us) to keep replacing
the ink cartridge until one works.

I think that canon use an ink with a volatile solvent so
that it suffers if stored in a warm storage area for too
long. I don't know how long too long is. We had a batch of
thirty go off after buying them in May and trying
to use them in Oct. Not one of the 30 worked.

                        Chris
from
Christopher M. Hutton        Electronics Technician
Aston Business School        [log in to unmask]
Service Unit
Aston University  UK         +44 (0)121 359 3611 Ex 4733

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html