From:
Jonathan Stec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:29:59 -0500
>...I don't know if I am asking for further problems, because I
> opened System Information, Forced Hardware and it now says (in Red) that
my
> Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington 16 has Forced
> Resources of 7 for IRQ and 0,0 for DMA.  Must not be good if it is in
red...

Here's my thoughts...Windows95/98 likes to intimidate the end user from
expressing individuality or user preferences (how tempting to fall into the
"EXPRESS SETUP" trap!). You're doing fine with the interrupts and address
settings if both devices work simultaneously without conflicts/crashes.
Microsoft's budget is chocking with red ink. Does that make Microsoft
"bad"? (OK, I'll admit -- "bad" example...For a web site full of half-baked
ideas visit www.microsoft.com) But good luck and don't forget that "Safe
Mode" can be your friend to keep changing IRQ/addresses until it
works...that is, unless the Blue Screen of Death gets you first. (Microsoft
encourages e-mailing tech support if your system should fail to boot the OS
properly...Hmmm.)