From:
Paul Wittry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 04:43:06 -0800
---Reply to mail from Jim Meagher about [PCBUILD] Connection Speed

> You each have a piece of the picture.  You are getting confused because
> you are actually talking about two related but different things.
>
> First there is the INTERNAL communications speed from the CPU to the
> communictations port (or in this case, modem).  This can be as high as
> 115,200 (and should be set for that)

What is the anacronym for this "INTERNAL communications speed" and
how does one "set" it?

> The second is the EXTERNAL communications speed which is how fast the
> modem "talks" ACROSS THE PHONE LINE to the other modem.  This is set by
> the communications application (or in this case, DUN).

Same question, what is it called, and how does one "set" it?

(((SNIP)))

---End reply
--

| \   / | Paul Wittry <[log in to unmask]> |

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html