From:
Jim Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:01:20 -0400
This one sounds a little crazy to me...I wanted to get a few opinions.
This is third hand information, so I may not have all the details.

My sister is a teacher. There was a ceiling leak at her school right
above a computer. (I know the computer is a MAC but I don't have further
information regarding age, model and so on.) Currently the keyboard is
not functioning. Two "computer teachers" have stated they learned at a
seminar that the keyboard should be run through a dishwasher to fix it.
This leads me to believe that some of the keys are sticking and the
thought is that the dishwasher cleaning will rectify this. Again, I
don't have first hand knowledge but I assume the keyboard suffered water
damage. It seems to me that putting a keyboard in the dishwasher is akin
to throwing a drowning victim back in the water to revive them. If
anyone has ever heard of this practice, can you explain it in more
detail?

Thanks for any enlightenment that list members might provide.

Jim Gill

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html