From:
William Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:49:13 -0500
+At 01:07 AM 12/14/98 +1100, you wrote:
>Thanks for all your help for my last message.
>
>I have a strange mouse "problem" since long time ago, however I just
>discovered the "true problem" these days.
>Problem history: Since i was using win95, I found that my mouse was a
>little hard to control (eg. move right is a bit difficult). I then clean
>the mouse inside and it doesn't affect at all. so I thought It was a bad
>mouse, I bought a new one, it still did the same thing. the problem
>seemed more like happened if I use Netcape or IE or Office 97 (sometimes
>happened when play AoE, but not always).
>after I upgrade to win98, the mouse acts much normal than before. I also
>tested my first mouse, it worked much better. so I thought the problem
>is OS dependent.

I had this same problem on my old AMD 486DX4 120mhz w/ Win95b. The cursor
wouldn't track to the Right smoothly I, too, bought a new (cheapo) mouse
and it didn't help. I even put different MainBoard in the system!!! Same thing.
  I tried the mice on my K6 Win98 machine and my NoteBook Pentium w/98 and
all work fine!! However, when I had 95b on my Pentium (now K6) machine it
worked fine, hhhhhmmmmmm!!!
Bill

Jun

>               PCBUILD mailing list is brought to you by:
>                            The NOSPIN Group
>                            http://nospin.com

Happy Holidays from the Moores
William Moore Sr.