From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:37:19 -0600
Hello listers...

I have sorta been following this thread, I would like to add that there are
many free media players out there that all work well, so it's all a matter
of choice. If I were asked which one I like, the answer would be Winamp
(2.91 I believe is the most recent) I have found that Winamp 3, like many
others has been overthought, and not as user friendly. It has free internet
radio, TV, skins, and plugins, all free. I use it all the time. Over the
years they have removed the option to rip and burn, but most burners come
with their own programs for this, and for ripping, I have had good luck with
FreeRip 2.XX. It can be found at Cnet download.com and is easy to use. It
will also convert to many different formats.

The setups in each will allow you to use common folders to store and rip
music to, and each will query the internet for cd titles and track lists for
your files. (that is provided you follow the setups closely)

Just my opinion...

Dean Kiley