From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:36:56 -0400
Getting the data back depends on how valuable it is and how much time and money you want to spend on getting it back.  There are companies that do data recovery, but they are very expensive, and are primarily used by businesses seeking to recover valuable data.  Most home users could not justify this expense, but it exists as a possibility.  Do a google search for "data recovery" without the quotes to see if one comes up near you. There are programs available that can recover data, but most of them require installation prior to he loss of data. There are after-loss programs, but these are also expensive.  If the data is valuable enough I'd suggest using a data recovery company to make sure you get it back.

William Hornkohl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> A friend was having some problems with her Win xp (home) computer. She made
>
> backup of her files and reloaded win xp. She later found out that her
>
> backup disks were blank. We pulled out that hard drive and put in
>
> another and reloaded win xp. Is there some way to get the data back on
>
> the disk that we took out.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: