From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 22:12:11 -0600
I had seen some of these problems on some of the earlier Cyrix 6X86 CPU's, and
the way around this, was to go into your CMOS settings, and turn off the
Internal, and external cache during the install process. Afterwards you could
change the settings back. I believe with the Cyrix, it was the Pipeline cache
that caused the problems. Anyway, this may be worth a try...Also you may want to
set your Memory timings to the settup defaults, as the speed of the Ram timings
may be too aggressive.

Steve.  Wolfe.......

"Shawn M. Shea" wrote:

> Ok, this one has me puzzled. I am installing Win98 on a fresh drive.
> Everything goes fine until Windows starts to copy files (the first Win98
> screen) and then the machine automatically re-boots everytime. I tried
> copying the files to the hard drive and the same thing happens. I also tried
> Win95 and the same thing happens. I have pulled out all the extra hardware
> and it has made no difference. The only thing I have not tried is a new
> video card. Any suggestions on what would cause this. Signed perplexed and
> o/sless in Ontario.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com