From:
"Capt. Zyla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 11:39:03 -0400
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>wrote...
  If I were in the market for a new CD-R RW, I would make sure that I
bought
  one of the new burn proof writers. The only companies that I know of at
this
  time that mfg. them are Plexar and Sanyo. These drives have the ability
  stop writing a CD when the cache becomes empty then start the process
back up
  where it left off once the cache has been replenished. This prevents bad
CDs
  from being made and lets you use your computer while writing or
rewriting a
  CD. This also lets you write a higher speeds i.e. 10X or 12X using the
IDE
  format.

Do you know or anyone on this list know if these new cd writers will work
with an older pentium systems (90-120 mhz)? Most of the current line of cd
burners say on the box 133Mhz minium. What about these so called "burn
proof" burners? Think they will be able to handle slow cpu's?

John Zyla